Dampak Brand Equity, Brand Awareness dan Word Of Mouth terhadap Minat Beli Kembali Smartphone Merek Xiaomi


  • Kuswilatul Hasanah STIE Widya Gama Lumajang
  • Ninik Lukiana STIE Widya Gama Lumajang
  • Nawangsih Nawangsih STIE Widya Gama Lumajang


Brand Equity, Brand Awareness, Word Of Mouth, Buy Back Interest


The need to have a cellular telephone is no longer a secondary need for the Indonesian people, especially in Lumajang but rather becomes a primary need. This makes the company must respond quickly to technological developments that occur because of the attitude of consumers who are always changing to follow the existing developments. This study aims to determine the impact of brand equity, brand awareness and word of mouth partially on the interest in buying back Xiaomi brand smartphones for students of SMK Negeri 1 Lumajang. By using the Purposive sampling method, as many as 60 respondents were selected as participants in this study. Data collection techniques are carried out using questionnaires, interviews and observations. The data is collected by distributing the developed questionnaire consisting of 14 indicators using a Likert scale of 1 to 5. The validity level and internal consistency (reliability) have been confirmed with good criteria. Data analysis method used is multiple linear regression analysis with t test and coefficient of determination R2. The results of this study indicate that partially brand equity variables, brand awareness and word of mouth significantly influence interest in repurchasing. With the results of the coefficient of determination 76%, it means interest in repurchasing can be explained by the variable brand equity, brand awareness and word of mouth by 76%. While the remaining 24% of buying interest is explained again by other variables which are not examined, including product quality, promotion, price. The implications of this study can be useful for developing a better perspective.